Friday, August 20, 2021

Mini Painting Update

Hey all, I took a break from the blog for a while, but in that time I have painted a few new things. I finally am getting around to posting them now, so I won't waste anyone's time.
I am working through the box of Reaper minis the old man got me and my sister, and among those are a set of orcs with 4 melee fighters, a bowman, and a champion. Painting these took altogether too much time, with me taking a break of about two months inbetween the first orc and the rest of the unit. I eventually decided to just get things done and batch painted the unit.
After finishing the orcs, I painted Reaper's swamp troll. This model's details were pretty crisp, but I ran into some bubbling in the paint. Im not sure what caused it, so if anyone reading knows, feel free to leave a comment.
After that, I got to paint one of the mantic games elves. I still have another one waiting, so I may put it in the next update. This one I converted to have a shield from a box of vikings.
Speaking of vikings, I painted a bunch of them too. I plan to use these for Ravenfeast and Dragon Rampant. I batch painted these, but like in most of my projects, I get bored halfway through and took a break for three weeks.
That about covers things, aside from dragon or two (which hopefully will get their own post). Until then, stay safe and stay healthy. 

 Happy painting, 

FP01

1 comment:

  1. Turned out well. Although, I'd swear I've seen these before . . . .

    ReplyDelete